This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin Express

I do hope you can help with the following.

I cannot access my Cyclops Safety Camera subscriptions nor download software updates for my Nuvis. The updates stall in the preparations phase. I have waited 30 minutes although only asked to wait for a few minutes.
I have tried to remove Garmin Express, then download and reinstall the software.
The two Nuvis are recognized by Windows 10 and one can change the name of the Nuvi.
Garmin Express also failed, after reinstallation, to access the Garmin database where a total of 5 GPS are registered.
After an approach to Garmin I was asked for a copy of file of GarminDevice.xml by email. As yet no response.
If it will help anyone I can email them the xml file
Regards

Comments

• Harleyman62 0 Points
    I have a garmin Nuvi 40lm and it does not have the state of Texas in it. I got back from Texas and did a map update of the lower 49 and still do not have Texas? When you start typing Tex, Tennessee is the only thing that pops up? Please help
  • t923347 406 Points
    I wonder if you downloaded the correct version of the "lower 49" states map update as there would seem like there could be a number of different versions available. The following was taken from another Garmin GPS forum as of May 2014:

Full Version Lower 49 States: Includes all 48 mainland US States, Hawaii, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, French Guiana, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, and Martinique.
    Lower 49 States NE: Includes the following US States: AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT, WI, and WV; Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Bahamas, French Guiana, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, and Martinique.

Note - Texas is not included in this version
    Lower 49 States SE: Includes the following US States: AL, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WV; Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Bahamas, French Guiana, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, and Martinique.
    Lower 49 States SW: Includes the following US States: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WY; Bahamas, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, French Guiana, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, and Martinique.

Since you have Lifetime Maps with your Nuvi, I would recommend you download the map update again insuring that you are installing the full Lower 49 release that includes the TX maps.

• alanb 375 Points
    If you have insufficient space to install the full 49, get a 4 GB or larger micro SD card. Garmin Express should do the rest.