This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Hidden page

I know two things about this forum:
1. There are some real experts here
2. I'm not one of them.

I feel to share something with you – having no idea if this is well-known or not. This may very well be known to a lot of you.

I have discovered – or, more accurately, been introduced to – a hidden page. This is a page which is not readily accessible to the user: the “Diagnostics” page.

On the “Home” page, tap View Map, and then tap the Speed field. Once there, place a finger on the semicircular area in the middle at the top of the page – and hold it for some seconds. After a while, the Diagnostics page appears.

My learning of this page occurred when a Garmin support person asked me to access it in order to check on something – and eventually make a change in a setting.
While this was done on a 3590 and 3597, it is probably/perhaps somewhat universal.

Comments

• sussamb 634 Points
    edited January 13
    Ah yes, it is pretty much universal and necessary sometimes for those who wish to switch their devices from mtp to mass storage mode. No harm in reminding everyone again though :)

I also use it to set an 'accuracy circle' around the icon that shows my position on the screen. It's a good visual guide as to what is happening to accuracy as you're driving.
  • AndreyT 104 Points
    Ramaprem said:

Yes, it is well-known. This is the same system menu that can also be accessed by holding a corner of the screen during device boot-up process. For some unexplainable reason this latter access method is mentioned more often, while in reality it is very cumbersome and unreliable. Doing it through "Speed" field (as you describe) is much more easy and much more reliable.

• alanb 348 Points
    On the devices I have, holding the screen corner doing power on boot up is a master reset or screen calibrate (depending on which corner), but does not go into the diagnostics menu.
  • "
    sussamb said:

I also use it to set an 'accuracy circle' around the icon that shows my position on the screen. It's a good visual guide as to what is happening to accuracy as you're driving.

Susan, I am intrigued, this is a new one to me and I can not find it on my 3797, just what does it show and how do I switch it on as I am often confused when my trace runs parallel to the road I am on and can only assume it relates to the accuracy of fix.

• "

sussamb said:

Susan, I am intrigued, this is a new one to me and I can not find it on my 3797, just what does it show and how do I switch it on as I am often confused when my trace runs parallel to the road I am on and can only assume it relates to the accuracy of fix.
    Blonde moment, I found it EPE circle in developers page now to use it.

• sussamb 634 Points
    Glad you found it. Note it's sussamb not susan!!
  • sussamb said:

Glad you found it. Note it's sussamb not susan!!

Sorry I wrongly assumed the MB were other names.