This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

NUVI 2597 LMT hassle

Hello, I have the subject GPS. It has worked great since purchasing it.

One problem....the Antenna is in the Accessory socket and the vehicle's sockets are maxed out even with a splitter. The form factor is pretty tight in the vehicle.

I'd like to be able to use a cable with the same configuration, but that doesn't seem to be an option since it lacks the antenna and I get an error message when I try. I'd hate to have to do some sort of hacking to get around this.

Are there any other options?

Thanks.

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    Probably your best bet is to install another accessory socket.
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    Im not sure but I believe that the 2597 has the antenna inside the unit itself and not in the power cable??
  • sussamb 664 Points
    edited January 15
    If anything it has the receiver inside, the cable provides the antenna. Assuming of course the OP is talking about traffic?
  • ukiltmybrutha 0 Points
    edited January 17
    Sorry for the slight misnomer. The antenna seems to be in the cable and it seems unfortunately at the end of the male cigarette lighter plug....and yes I meant traffic. Long story short, I'd like traffic functionality without needing to use that male cigarette lighter plug.

Don't want the hassle of installing another accessory plug either...not knocking the idea, but I have been doing auto electronics for 20 years....sorry just burnt out.

It seems like there is no option for an external GPS connector either.
  • Why do you not want to consider a "multi outlet 12v splitter" there are many inexpensive options on the market or is your other 12v load already maxed on current.