This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Oregon 700: my equipment does not turn on correctly

I introduce myself: my name is Francisco José Critto and I am based in the North of the Argentine Republic.
I want to consult with the members of this forum about a problem that I can not solve: I have a GPS Garmin brand, model Oregon 700, this equipment does not turn on correctly: shows the screen with the word "Garmin" and from there on You can move forward, stay still. My question is how do I solve this problem? Thanks for your answer.-

Comments

• Boyd 1786 Points
    This kind of problem can be caused by a corrupt file on the GPS. It could be a .gpx file you have added, such as tracks or waypoints. It could also be a corrupt map file. Have you added any files recently? When you connect the Oregon to your computer, is it recognized? If so, you can delete any maps or files that were recently added. If the computer doesn't recognize the Oregon, then you have a more serious problem.

A failed firmware update might also cause a problem like this.
  • Thank you very much for your response, it has been very useful since I deleted all the "BirdsEye" images I downloaded recently, these files are equivalent to 10 GB of data saved on the Garmin Oregon 700 device card, and now my GPS works properly.
    Now I wonder if it is possible that so much information stored in SD has caused the problem. Could you tell me how many GB it is possible to store on the memory card without the device being affected in its total or partial performance?
    Thanks for your time.
  • Thank you very much for your response, it is very useful.