This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2589 - can no longer see imported routes (GPX files)

Got my 2589 last summer. Used it several times where I constructed routes as GPX files, then put them in the GPX folder of my Nuvi. It worked well until now. Today I did the same thing and none of my routes show up in Trip Planner, not even the ones that I used successfully last year.

Has anyone had the problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

Comments

• sussamb 621 Points
    Nope. Have you done a complete shut down then start up rather than just putting your device to sleep? Sometimes a nuvi needs a proper cold start to resolve any issues.
  • Wolfcamp 81 Points
    Yes, several times. Even did soft reboot a couple of times.
  • sussamb 621 Points
    Next then is to try a master reset. Before you do so delete all .gpx files in the GPX folder on your device. Note a master reset will delete all your favourites so back them up first.
  • Wolfcamp 81 Points
    How is a master reset performed? I googled for factory reset for the 2589 and found nothing. Also nothing in the owners manual.
  • nevw 37 Points
    edited March 7
    A similar problem happened to me. I had all the gpx files on the micro sd drive but the little sliding lock clip was not correctly in place and that caused no gpx to be available until I secured it in place correctly.
  • sussamb 621 Points
    Wolfcamp said:

How is a master reset performed? I googled for factory reset for the 2589 and found nothing. Also nothing in the owners manual.

http://static.garmincdn.com/shared/uk/customer-care/Master_reset_instructions.pdf

• Wolfcamp 81 Points
    edited March 7
    Thank you very much sussamb! That did the trick. I can now see my routes.
  • sussamb 621 Points
    Great!
  • Wolfcamp 81 Points
    edited March 7
    I can NOW see my routes.

Sure wish there was a way to edit posts after more than 15 minutes.
  • Boyd 1725 Points
    Wolfcamp said:

Sure wish there was a way to edit posts after more than 15 minutes.

I fixed that for you. :)

I understand the frustration about not being able to correct a typo. However this was a change made to the site several years ago to help control spam. One spam technique is to make an innocuous reply to a thread, wait awhile, then come back and insert a marketing link into the post.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    A secondary reason is that it can be super annoying to people who are busy crafting a reply to a post only to have the original question change after an answer has been posted. Ironically, that just happened to me a few minutes ago in another forum.