This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Adding POI's to Maps

I am trying to add a restaurant to the maps. I think I have succeeded with Navteq at mapcreator.here.com. But not having much luck with Tom Tom. I eventually ended up at mapsharetool.com/external-iframe/external.jsp. Clicked through to add a place, got the marker positioned only to be left sitting staring at a map and no idea what to do next.

No info fields to fill in, no way to save.

Are there any others I should be looking at?

Comments

• dhn 228 Points
    What model device?
  • footloose 0 Points
    Doing it manually. Have updated Open Street Map and mapcreator.here.com which I think is Navteq.
  • Tim 1459 Points
  • footloose 0 Points
    No. Think I started at Tele Atlas and managed to login using gmail. Have created a new account though, selected Report a new POI. But after positioning the pin I cant figure out what to do next.
  • Tim 1459 Points
    edited March 11
    Using the URL I gave above, I logged in, zoomed in on the map where I wanted to add the POI, selected 'Point of Interest' under 'Choose what to report', clicked 'Add a point of interest', dragged the pin from the toolbar to the point in the map, filled in the name, address, etc and clicked 'Submit'.
  • footloose 0 Points
    Cheers. Have got it working. The pin wouldn't move previously. Might not have zoomed in enough