This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

what happens if I skip a waypoint

Hello,
I have a Garmin Drive 60 LMT and have been trying a couple programs that I can create my own maps. What I'm wondering is if I have created waypoints for a "custom" route but along the way I decide to skip one or two how long will the GPS try and make me turn back ? How far from the waypoint can I get before the GPS stops trying to make me go back and just recalculate to the next waypoint.

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    edited March 23
    If they are waypoints you'll be sent back until you reach them. There are though options. Make any point that you know you might not want to visit a shaping point, as those can be skipped easily. You can also use the menu on your Drive to skip a waypoint or shaping point should you wish to.

To do that tap the spanner bottom right and then tap Change Route
  • Thanks sussanmb the help is much appreciated. Cheers
  • menhir 50 Points
    Can an older Nuvi, like my 550, recognize or discriminate between waypoints and shaping points?
  • sussamb 664 Points
    edited March 24
    I don't believe so, but I don't have your model. I know my 1490 can't and yours is older than that.
  • alanb 374 Points
    edited March 24
    I think the only older model nuvi's that recognized shaping points were the 7x0 series devices. And even on that, you couldn't add or edit shaping points on the device itself, but you could import a route from MapSource that contained shaping points. I remember reading complaints (back in the day) that if you navigated off the route causing a recalc, you would lose all the remaining shaping points in the route.