This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Drive 60LMT - 1.screen sensitivity 2.should I get a screen protector

Hello

Overall I'm happy with the my new Drive 60 but I have been having a challenge with panning. I use one finger similar to how I would with my phone. It seems though that the screen doesn't pan well and when I'm trying to move it barely does and then as I move say right to left or up and down it suddenly zooms in. Is there a "best practice" way to pan ?

Also I've been thinking about a screen protector but now am a bit concerned about how that could affect the screen sensitivity as well. Has anyone else experienced challenges panning on their GPS ? Thanks

Comments

• sussamb 671 Points
    edited March 28
    My new drive pans extremely well, better than my nuvi 2508. It does have pinch to zoom though, so that may explain one of your issues if you're using a pinch movement trying to pan the map it will zoom instead.
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    If it doesn't work as well as a recent model phone then I'd say something is probably wrong with it. Their first capacitive screen model, the Nuvi 3790, had a lot of touchscreen issues like this. But the newer ones seems to be very good.

Does the Drive 60 have a resistive or capacitive screen? I can't keep up with them anymore. ;) Some older resistive screen models had this kind of problem too, like the 1xxx series. But that was quite awhile ago. If yours is still under warranty I don't think you should settle for a problem like that.