This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Problems getting an older NUVI [ i.e.: 310 ] to see Garmin city navigator NT 2017.20 Maps

Hi there,

My objective is to be able to use the latest 2017.20 maps (@3.98GB) on a Garmin Nuvi 310.

The current situation:

Have an 8GB SD card (formatted FAT32 and renamed Nuvi SD) with the latest gmapsupp.img in " Nuvi SD/Garmin " .
The Nuvi can't see this as it is over 2GB and over the maximum it can see.
The Nuvi can see the SD card (it plays music from it) and the maps are not corrupted or anything.

I was about to give up and think that my objective was impossible, however on ebay there are for sale identical units, advertising that they have on them the latest 2017 maps.
Does anyone have any idea of how to do this?

Best wishes,
John

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    Yes, but you'll first need to download the maps to your PC then install to your device so that each map is less than 2Gb

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/yqTQvDbUMf5j1ydnSQZ2qA
  • alanb 374 Points
    Incidentally, 2017.20 is not the "latest map". The current map is 2 versions newer ... 2018.10. I doubt if 2017.20 is still available for download to install to the computer.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    It is the latest EU NT map though, so it depends which map the OP is referring to?
  • alanb 374 Points
    edited April 2
    Ah... good point sussamb. I keep forgetting about the NT version not being available in every update.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    Easily done ;)
  • JVB 0 Points
    Hi sussamb, alanb,

Thanks so much for your help, the notification emails from this thread had been going into my junk folder so didn't think I had had any responses!
    Will update the thread on any outcome.