This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Screen Calibration Nuvi 3597LMTHD

Is there a way to calibrate the screen on the 3597? Mine seems a bit off when it says I have X feet to go I'm already there.

Comments

• Boyd 1735 Points
    edited April 3
    That issue has nothing to do with "screen calibration". When a screen doesn't correctly register where you touch it, then the screen would need calibration. This was an issue with some of the old Nuvi units, but this would be going back more than 10 years. Modern screens virtually never require any user calibration, the technology has improved greatly.

The problem you describe is most likely caused by the map data. It would not be at all unusual for something to be off by 300 feet on the map. In addition to that, a GPS like the 3597 is only accurate to within plus or minus 30 feet under good conditions. Depending on where you have it mounted in the vehicle and the location you are driving, the accuracy could be much worse.

In other words, I don't think anything is wrong with your Nuvi, it is quite normal for it to not realize you have arrived at your destination. Another common problem is that sometimes it will think you have arrived when you actually haven't.
  • park3850 11 Points
    Thanks Boyd. I'll stop stewing about nothing!