This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Importing custom POI's

I have some custom POI files from my old TomTom and I've used POI converter to make them into CSV files. I use POI loader to get them into my Garmin Nuvi 58, but then the names are all changed.
So for instance, Museum of Architecture is now called MUSOFARC
I tried changing the latitude first and longitude first and header record and no header record but nothing seems to make any difference. Can anyone suggest how to fix this please?

Comments

• GarFin 0 Points
    Anyone??
  • t923347 405 Points
    edited May 6
    I'm not aware of the POI Converter software but it may be it that is taking the POI name and forcing it down to old IBM computer standard with an 8 character size limit.

I'd suggest you give Extra POI Editor a shot as I haven't heard of this problem using it to convert OV2 to CSV files. You can find EPE at https://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor

If that doesn't work and you don't get any more response here, I'd try POI-Factory.com where there are a lot of POI experts (many of them members here as well ;) )
  • GarFin 0 Points
    Ace...thanks very much for your help :D
  • GarFin 0 Points
    I just tried it and it's fine! Excellent stuff thanks for helping out. B-)
  • t923347 405 Points
    Glad we could help. <:-P