This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 1490 safety camera update problem.

In a moment of kindness towards my daughter I offered to get her 1490 fully up to date. The Nuvi still had its original maps, software and trial Cyclops from when it was purchased a few years ago.

I have updated the software to the latest version (6.30) and maps to 2018.10. I then purchased the Safety Camera subscription for a year. When I tried to install the safety cameras all I get is a message "There was an error installing the content". Not helpful at all. Can anyone suggest a solution to the problem?

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    I'd call Garmin, possibly an account issue.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    I don't believe that my daughter ever registered the Nuvi. I was able to register it in my name and purchase the map update. However, on Monday I will have a chat with Garmin.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    Helpful chap at Garmin fixed the problem for me.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    Did he say what it was?
  • jonnop 101 Points
    He said that the subscriptions had become a bit messed up. Not sure what that meant - probably a small corruption in the database.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    Ah ok, thanks.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    I think the mess up is related ti the fact that I have a 1490 and 2659 and then I added my daughters 1490. Too much for the system.