This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cleaning Faceplate

My Nuvi 2595 faceplate has gotten lots of fingerprints and i would like to clean them off every so often. My faceplate has also gotten some 'scratches' that are not so nice to look thru, and when i say scratches, they are more in the category of 'mars', just don't like looking at them. What does the Nuvi community use to remove the fingerprints and the 'mars'?

Comments

• t923347 406 Points
    Don't know about the "mars" but using a dry microfiber cloth takes the fingerprints off pretty easily. Never put liquid (water etc.) directly on the screen. You can spray a little water on a cloth if need be but I find a dry cloth works just fine.
  • Boyd 1794 Points
    edited July 18
    Have a look at these products, I have been using them on all kinds of screens for many years and they are very well regarded: www.klearscreen.com
  • SergZak 240 Points
    edited July 26
    Boyd said:

I have been using them on all kinds of screens for many years and they are very well regarded: www.klearscreen.com

I've been using Klearscreen for longer than I can remember (found it initially at Fry's Electronics).

Within the last year or so, I've since found a product called Whoosh! (discovered at the Apple Store where they carried it in-store and online for awhile) which works just as well, if not better, especially as far as leaving a slick surface. Good stuff but may be hard to find locally in-store. Amazon or eBay (you can get a 17oz spray bottle as a refill on eBay for a fraction of the price smaller bottles, although the smaller bottles each come with a "special" microfiber cloth). I have at least ten of these cloths since they come with the smaller bottles. Not needing anymore cloths and small spray bottles, the refill makes a ton more sense cost-wise.

https://whoosh.com/