This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Struggling to zoom gamin etrex 10

I just recently bought a garmin etrex 10 because I am going camping. I am going to be walking 3 to 4 kilometers from my campsite. My objective is to make my campsite a way point, go walking, and the make my way back to my campsite. I have been able to find satellites. My issue is, how do I set waypoint to my current location rather than having to put in coordinates, and how do I zoom in on the map. I currently see my whole state which is not useful as I am walking only 3 to 4 kilometers. I want to be able to zoom in and see where I am going

Comments

• sussamb 656 Points
    Have you read the manual? To set a waypoint just press and hold the thumbstick.

To zoom in/out press the up/down keys page 6.
  • Boyd 1759 Points
    edited August 4
    sussamb said:

Have you read the manual?

And you will find the manual here :) http://static.garmin.com/pumac/eTrex_10-20-30_OM_EN.pdf

Just be aware that Garmin has combined the eTrex 10, 20 and 30 manuals so it will describe some features that are not available on your GPS.