This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

problems with my tomtom go 60

I have no maps on this gps. I can not choose my country. I can choose my language. When I first log on to drive connect the program says ( your gps is up to date ). When I look at the content of my gps, there is over 6000 bites free, so I know from that, no map is on my device. Map updates are free, but there is an icon there for map purchases. I have contacted tomtom support, and they have sent me an email.The email has an activate button displayed. I have applied the activate button as part of applying the drive connect software. Nothing happens. The software recognizes my gps and states...your device is up to date...I have tried many times now, but my tomtom go 60 is not working, no maps, no country, no updates. any help or suggestions, thanks for reading .

Comments

• dhn 228 Points
    Anything here?:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16695/kw/no maps found

Try this:
    1. Completely remove MyDriveConnect using the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller. Get it here:
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

2. Get a fresh copy at tomtom.com/getstarted. Install.

3. Do a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Reconnect the device to the computer (use the cable that came with the device).

4. If no success, call support:
    United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST

• johnward 19 Points
    thanks for your response....., working with tomtom support, but my tomtom go 60 remains a brick.
  • johnward 19 Points
    Actually after two frustrating weeks of back and forth with TomTom support, they finally came thru with a fix. I was able to download a map. The download was very slow but steady. I thank dhn for his timely response. I do appreciate this forum, you have always have been there for me. Thanks. My brick is now a gps.