This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

How to upload files to Nuvi

I have maintained a collection of GDB files of journeys we have made over the last 20-30 years.
The beauty of the system was the ability to use Mapsource to upload the file to the NUVI as we return to the same area.

Now mapsource is not usable with WIN10

Is it possible to load my files to my NUVI without Mapsource?

Comments

• t923347 406 Points
    Have you tried the replacement for Mapsource, called Basecamp?
  • sussamb 671 Points
    As far as I'm aware MapSource does run on Win10?
  • sussamb 671 Points
    Just checked. It's running fine on my Win10 laptop.
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    I don't use Winows 10, but it has been widely reported that Mapsource still works, as @sussamb says. But if you're having problems, you should be able to use Basecamp as an alternative. You might also want to save your .gdb files as .gpx files because you could then just drag them to the GPX folder on the Nuvi without using any other software.
  • Henry W 81 Points
    Many thanks for all the great advice.
    I need to fine tune my maps but it looks great so far.
    You all are great!

ps Base camp tries to load my many, many file where I'm interested in one at a time.
  • Boyd 1795 Points
    edited August 11
    Not clear on what you are saying about "many files". You should be able to open just one .gdb file if that's what you want to do.

But it depends on how you originally created the .gdb file(s), they can contain any combination of tracks, waypoints and routes. Once loaded into Basecamp, you can create your own lists and filter the data to separate it as desired. See this:

But really, if you were happy using Mapsource then I don't know why you can't just continue to do it the same way. I don't use Windows 10, but others here can probably help you troubleshoot any problems you're having with Mapsource.