This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

DRIVE 60 LMT ?

Just picked up the DRIVE 60 LMT and man what a learning curve from my NUVI and Street Pilot's :O I wish I could change the keyboard to ABD style like the NUVI and S.P. but no option :( Getting used to the 6" screen, My question is ! Is there a safe way to delete the extra languages it has? I only want English and Spanish ! Can I put a folder on my PC and drag and drop the ones I do not want ? What else can I remove safely ? And when I do map updates I only need East coast ! Will I get the option to update only that ? Thank you for any help or links

Richard

Comments

• Rado 0 Points
    Just picked up the DRIVE 60 LMT and man what a learning curve from my NUVI and Street Pilot's I wish I could change the keyboard to ABD style like the NUVI and S.P. but no option Getting used to the 6" screen, My question is ! Is there a safe way to delete the extra languages it has? I only want English and Spanish ! Can I put a folder on my PC and drag and drop the ones I do not want ? What else can I remove safely ? And when I do map updates I only need East coast ! Will I get the option to update only that ? Thank you for any help or links

Richard
  • alanb 373 Points
    I suggest you make a full backup of your new nuvi before you start deleting things. You can delete the voice files you don't want from folder \Voice. You can tell from the file names what languages they are. You may also find non-English files in folders \Text and \Help that can be deleted
  • sussamb 663 Points
    edited September 3
    And in the EULA and keyboard folder.

You could also delete any vehicle files you don't want.

As for just updating the East coast, no unless you take specific steps. Personally I wouldn't bother.
  • Boyd 1786 Points
    edited September 3
    I would also encourage you to do a full backup but you will need to take some specific steps first, since the biggest and most important files are in a hidden folder. See this thread for more info: http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/21019/x/p1/