This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Using Extra_Poi_Editor

Hello, anyone who knows Extra_Poi_Editor, could you explain how to fill out
the EPE to create a unidirectional POI with wav sound?
Thank you

Comments

• t923347 406 Points
    Don't know that any Garmin Automotive GPS excepts "unidirectional" POI's but there is probably more knowledge about both POI files and Extra POI Editor at poi-factory.com than any place else you'll find.

• Paska 81 Points
    OK, Obrigado.
  • Boyd 1792 Points
    If you placed a POI in the southbound lanes of a divided highway, it would be "unidirectional", wouldn't it? Not really clear what @Paska is trying to accomplish however.
  • alanb 374 Points
    Boyd, I think it depends on how far apart the lanes are. In other words, the alert will trigger within a certain side-to-side proximity of the location. I remember this being discussed in some forum, but don't have any links ... 90 feet sticks in my mind, but I may not remember correctly.
  • Paska 81 Points
    t923347 e Boyd explico melhor: duas pista lado a lado, uma pista vai para norte outra vai para o sul.
    Usando MapSource e PoiLoader o resultado é um arquivo (.gpx) bidirecional. Como o Boyd disse esse alerta irá acionar ao passar em ambas as pistas. A menos que esse POI seja deslocado no mínimo 25m longe da outra pista.
  • Boyd 1792 Points
    edited October 5
    FYI, from Google translate. :)

t923347 and Boyd explain better: two lane side by side, one lane goes north another goes south.
    Using MapSource and PoiLoader the result is a bidirectional (.gpx) file. As Boyd said this alert will trigger when passing on both tracks. Unless this POI is moved at least 25m away from the other lane.