This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 3597 - Missing heads up on upcoming delay

I used my nuvi 3597, driving yesterday to Manhattan and back for about 4 hours. It never provide heads up for upcoming delay in the path I was driving to which was a lot! I used to see this feature and was really very handy to decide on detour for upcoming long delay along the route.

The gadget is up to date as far as map and software are concerned. Is there anything I have to reset of adjust?

Thank you.

Comments

• Boyd 1795 Points
    edited October 9
    What are you using for traffic? The old style traffic receiver? I always thought they were worthless around NYC and stopped using them. I use Garmin's StreetPilot app now on my iPhone, but it has the same kind of traffic you can get on the Nuvi with the SmartphoneLink app. I have found it very accurate in the NY metro area. If you have a compatible phone, give their smartphone link app a try, I think it is free now (used to be a paid upgrade before).
  • alanb 375 Points
    I agree with Boyd. The HD traffic has always been "hit or miss" at its best and I suspect the whole radio frequency traffic reporting service is in decline in favor of the smartphone connected reporting services. Garmin no longer bundles a traffic receiver with any of its new Drive x1 models, so that says something about its future.
  • malatekid 82 Points
    > What are you using for traffic? The old style traffic receiver?
    Yes, the same one bundled with the 3597 when I purchased it.

> but it has the same kind of traffic you can get on the Nuvi with the SmartphoneLink app
    I'll give that a try.

Boyd and alanb, thank you both!