This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

City Navigator North America 2018.30 is now available

Garmin has released City Navigator NA 2018.30 map update and it can be downloaded using Garmin Express

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    Don't all rush. For a trouble free update leave it a few days while others overload the servers and break them ;)
  • t923347 406 Points
    The map update, using Garmin Express, requires that you install GE version 5.7.1.0 before it will proceed with the download. Not sure that having the very latest version of GE was ever a requirement in the past but this time it requires the "critical" changes in 5.7.1.0.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    Yes. Must be a critical update as mine updated automatically.
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    Any idea what the file D6022060A.db is for??? It was downloaded in this folder NZAUNAV and I have never seen this folder before so I dont know what this database is for...
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    Comparing the folders from 2018.20 and 2018.30, the additions folder actually is smaller by about 300Megs but on the other and the IMG folder grew from 3.8Gb to 3.9G... so overall it uses less space.
    The JVC file only grew by about 3megs so not alot of new intersections in it.
  • alanb 374 Points
    NZAUNAV sounds like something for New Zealand / Australia. It doesn't seem like something that should download with the North America map update.
  • t923347 406 Points
    D6022060A.db is in the .system\SQLite folder on my units.
  • mike41 6 Points
    The Drive Assist 61 has wifi built in so the connection to a computer is not supposed to be needed.
    Is this GE update needed for this device? I am having a problem doing the latest update on my computer.
  • terryhitt 10 Points
    edited October 13
    Can someone post a link to the new 2018.30 Garmin North American image file (.img) please??
  • t923347 406 Points
    AFAIK there is no legitimate place to download the 2018.30 img file other than using Garmin's own software, Garmin Express or MapUpdater, with your GPS attached to the computer.
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    So no idea what that file D6022060A.DB is for?
  • sussamb 664 Points
    I believe it's the Traffic trends database.
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    the drive assist 50 doesnt have a traffictrends option in the traffic options and I recall that in my older nuvi when I looked at the DB files contents one of them would clearly say traffic trends inside...
  • sussamb 664 Points
    In the sqlite folder it is the traffic trends database. Perhaps in the NZAUSNAV it's something different.
  • Boyd 1792 Points
    Well it is clearly some kind of database. Perhaps a part of the "driver alerts" feature that warns of sharp curves, school zones, etc? Or could it be related to "real directions"?
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    Inside the file theres this text "006-D6022-06CLC Database File - Worldwide CLC v52017 HERE".
    And aparently its part of the European maps as well but I dont know if its exclusive to the DriveAssist 50
  • t923347 406 Points
    edited October 15
    Zemartelo said:

And aparently its part of the European maps as well but I dont know if its exclusive to the DriveAssist 50

It's not exclusive to the DriveAssist as I have it on my DriveLuxe. I'll check my 3597 later as it's in the vehicle at the moment.

Update - similar file is found in the SQlite folder on the 3597. For the 2018.30 update the file is called D3397230A.

• Zemartelo 102 Points
    doing a google search of CLC database came across this http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Romania_CLC_Import
    Corine Land Cover, seems to be an European thing and it explains why its in the European maps but I dont know why it was included in the NA maps.... maybe a config error bu Garmin??
  • Ramaprem 110 Points
    Mention is made of Express v5.7.1.0 as being the latest - and critical to the current map update.
    For Mac, I have Express reporting that the latest version is 5.7.0.0.

Is this accurate?
    It would also be nice if people specify the OS when reporting such hints/issues regarding software versions.
  • t923347 406 Points
    The latest MAC version is 5.7.0.0
  • Ramaprem 110 Points
    Thank you.
  • alanb 374 Points
    edited 5:11PM
    And while Garmin forces the Express update whether you want it (or need it), it is not "critical" to the map update. I found a workaround that avoids the forced update and updated the map on my nuvi 3597 using Garmin Express 5.5.0.0 which is the last version that will run on Windows Vista.