This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

DriveSmart 61 -LMT- D no wi-fi

New unit 2 weeks old - after start it i did upgrade via wi-fi - unit works fine
yesterday i was checking if there is any new upgrades - start unit and try connect to wi-fi and getting all the time msg
NO NETWORKS FOUND NEARBY
restore setting restarting and wont help - connected to Exprees did upgrade system to 3.4 still nothing
Any other Ideas?

Comments

• Well if it was looking for a network, i guess you turned the wifi on. So i have no idea.
  • sussamb 664 Points
    Try rebooting your wifi, maybe the issue is there?
  • dxbart 81 Points
    there is few networks in range device don't see any of them just showing NO NETWORKS FOUND NEARBY
  • dxbart 81 Points
    There is 6-7 networks in range - device dont see any networks
  • Boyd 1794 Points
    FYI, here is the image that @dxbart posted.

• Will it connect to the computer via USB and garmin express? perhaps check for software update? Copy the whole contents of your unit to your computer and try a factory reset?
  • Just a thought, my Drivesmart 61 can only find the 2.4 Ghz band not the 5 Ghz.
  • dxbart 81 Points
    I did not had problem find network for first time . I did soft update will try fractory reset
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    Has anyone tried to do a search for any business in the Where To Menu>
    On my Driveassist 50 doing a search for anything might take up to 30 seconds to show any results.

I am wondering if this behaviour is happening with other units? This is a brand new Garmin refurished unit.

The voice commande search seem to work fine, its only doing manual searches.
    PS- I do have an external GPI file with about 10000 locations, but it shouldnt impact the internal database search???
  • t923347 406 Points
    edited October 21
    Although I'm not sure your question belongs in a thread about the 61 and Wi-Fi, on my DriveLuxe 50 a search for Categories > Restaurants > All Restaurants returned normal results in 4 seconds and FourSquare results in 20 seconds. A search for Starbucks, only, came back in about 3 seconds.
  • dxbart 81 Points
    so factory reset did not help - looks like need to return device back to shop - or you guys have other ideas?
  • Zemartelo 102 Points
    t923347 said:

Although I'm not sure your question belongs in a thread about the 61 and Wi-Fi, on my DriveLuxe 50 a search for Categories > Restaurants > All Restaurants returned normal results in 4 seconds and FourSquare results in 20 seconds. A search for Starbucks, only, came back in about 3 seconds.

I made a video to show how slow it is:

• Boyd 1794 Points
    @Zemartelo - with all due respect, this thread is about wifi problems on the DriveSmart 61. Search problems on the DriveAssist 50 are certainly worthy of discussion, but they should be the subject of another thread. :)
  • dxbart 81 Points
    @forums.gpsreview.net/profile/Zemartelo
    can you move your problem somewhere else???
  • dxbart 81 Points
    ok guys you can close topic - i send device back
  • Sensible as it appears you were within the return policy. Not your problem.

Are u getting a new one of the same, model, a different model or giving up on a new GPS for now?
  • dxbart 81 Points
    Im getting same model DriveSmart 61 -LMT- D -
    love it nice sharp screen
    - excellent and live traffic update via DAB
    - i did not use smartphone - link software no need
    - and voice control works great too