This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

BC - 30 Misrepresented on internet

GARMIN offers two products that are BOTH called BC-30. One product is
packaged and called "BC 30 wireless backup camera and transmitter cable". The other
product, also called BC-30 is called "wireless backup camera". The BC - 30 which is
labelled"BC 30 wireless backup ca mera and transmitter cable" does NOT come with
what is commonly called a RECEIVER. The "wireless backup camera" DOES come with a
RECEIVER which is necessary for this product to function. The only difference in
how these products are advertised is price - one is 100$, the working product is
about 160$. No way for the consumer to know there is a significant difference between
these two identically named products. I spent 8 hours at best buy with the technicians
trying to figure out why this product didn't work - including 40 minute on hold calls to
GARMIN technical support.

BEWARE of the BC - 30 product advertisements.

Comments

• sussamb 664 Points
    I think you're probably confused. There is only one BC30 but there are numerous cabling options

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/501486
  • AndreyT 105 Points
    edited November 7
    dmypub said:

GARMIN offers two products that are BOTH called BC-30. One product is
    packaged and called "BC 30 wireless backup camera and transmitter cable". The other
    product, also called BC-30 is called "wireless backup camera".[...] does NOT come with
    what is commonly called a RECEIVER

Where exactly did you see this kind of differentiation? Garmin web site offers only one BC-30. The same is true for Amazon. Same for BestBuy. The package includes everything (i.e. the receiver cable is included).

So, where did you buy a BC-30 without a receiver cable?

• dmypub 0 Points
    NO, I am not confused.

B&H Photo sold me a "BC 30 wireless backup camera and transmitter cable" which DID NOT
    contain a "receiver".
  • alanb 375 Points
    edited November 7
    I think it is Garmin product 010-12242-20 that does not have the receiver cable. It is intended to be used as an additional camera. The Garmin product 010-12242-10 includes the receiver cable.

I don't know that I would call the B&H Photo product listing a misrepresentation, but clearly it would be easy to order the incorrect version of the product if you weren't careful to read all the details. They should put a warning on the listing saying that a separate receiver cable is required. Hopefully they will allow you to return the product in exchange for the correct product.