This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Multi stop route upload

I work a job where i go to 30+ locations a day. I have a program that sets and optimizes a route, and makes it available for import on multi gps programs. I am trying to figure out which GPS i should purchase that won't break the bank but will allow for this import. Please help, I bought a Magellan Roadmate 7, but it doesn't seem to be able to do this, and can't figure out how to make it work even when manually trying to imput the locations. I am probably returning it to the store. Please help.

Comments

• sussamb 671 Points
    How does it make a route available? Modern Garmin units will accept a gpx file but are limited to 30 points in a route, although this can be substantially increased by using shaping points, though I suspect they won't meet your needs.
  • gpx is one of the ways it it available, among many others. I just need to be able to set up a trip with 30+ stops, easiest would obviously be importing a pre-planned route
  • sussamb 671 Points
    As I said, the issue is the 30 plus stops but if you can break your route into two pretty much any modern Garmin road device will do what you want ... Just look for one that says it has trip planner.
  • alanb 375 Points
    What program are you using to create and optimize the route? I would think the publisher of that program would have a compatibility list available.
  • The program can export it in a bunch of different formats.