This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 67, why can't I enter addresses into the saved addresses list without going to that address?

I have a new Nuvi 67, and I am going to travel to the west coast in another week, so I entered the address of my hotel and once I was done, I had no way to save the address and put a title to it. I thought this to be really odd for a GPS. Is there some way for me to populate the address list of places I will need to find once I get off my plain and start driving a rental car?

Joe

Comments

• sussamb 759 Points
    There are a couple of ways to do this. If you've already entered it but not saved it then it will appear in your History list. Do a Where to, History and select it, then tap the I icon and then tap the save icon. If you haven't already entered it do a Where to, Address and enter it, then tap the i icon and then Save.
  • joeFL 0 Points
    That worked, Thanks, but what moron programmed the OS of the Nuvi? A "Save" should have been visible once i had a complete address entered and the GPS found it. I have owned many GPS's and this was the most ridiculous problem to have on one of the top GPS's on the market. I should have skipped buying the Nuvi and used my Google Phone for navigation like many of my friends do.
  • sussamb 759 Points
    That's what history is for, it keeps a history of places you've entered so you can recall them. If you want to save it you select the save option, seems simple enough to me.
  • sussamb 759 Points
    Just realised that might be as clear as mud ;)

What I meant to say was that if you want to save it as a favourite or saved place, depending on what your device calls it, then you select the save option. It's 'saved' in History without any action on your part. I only choose to save a place if I know it's somewhere I will return to numerous times.
  • Boyd 1848 Points
    edited December 2017
    joeFL said:

I should have skipped buying the Nuvi and used my Google Phone for navigation like many of my friends do.

Well that raises the question of who the "moron" is, doesn't it. ;)

I stopped using my Nuvi's last year and use apps on my iPhone for everything now. However Google Maps is not a real replacement for a dedicated device because you're dependent on internet access while the Nuvi has the entire map permanently installed.

But there are a number of smartphone apps that also store the entire map on the device. I primarily use the Garmin StreetPilot app, which is almost identical to a Nuvi. It's only available on iOS however.

TomTom, Navigon and HERE have apps for both iOS and Android and they also store the whole map on your phone. These might be worth a look, the TomTom app is nice because it includes lifetime maps of the whole world for a $20 annual fee. If you're happy with one of these apps, maybe you should return the Nuvi for a refund.

Having said all this however, I don't have problem with the way the Nuvi saves locations. But this is probably because it's always worked like that and I've been using Nuvi's since 2006. :)
  • AndreyT 105 Points
    edited December 2017
    joeFL said:

That worked, Thanks, but what moron programmed the OS of the Nuvi? A "Save" should have been visible once i had a complete address entered and the GPS found it.

But it is basically available almost immediately after the GPS found it: once the GPS finds the address, it will give you the "i" option, under which you can do "Save". One can say that it encourages you to click the "i" button first - to confirm the location on the map - and only then "Save" it.