This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Other Compatibale Mount for Nuvi 66LMT

Hi all,
I just picked up a used Nuvi 66LMT that included the car charger but not the mount.

Are there other makes/models whose mount is compatible with the Nuvi 66LMT?

Thank you!

Comments

• sussamb 759 Points
    Doubt it. Just buy a Garmin mount.
  • snyper 0 Points
    I want to but I'm in Canada and finding it hard to find a garmin mount specifically for the Nuvi 66LMT. That is why i asked if another models mount might also work.
  • Boyd 1848 Points
    There's a company callled Bracketron that makes universal mounts, here in the US you can get them at Best Buy but I think they also sell direct online. I use one for my iPhone but my Nuvi 3550 also fits it. They are bigger and more awkward than a Garmin mount, but I suspect they will work (although I'll admit I know nothing about the Nuvi 66). If there's a Best Buy near you, have a look. You should be able to return it if it doesn't work.

Looking at Garmin's site, I see they sell replacement mounts for many of the Nuvi's although I didn't find one for the Nuvi 66 in a quick look. Why not just give them a call, I'm sure they can help you out. It looks like $25 USD is pretty typical for the prices on the mounts I looked at.
  • snyper 0 Points
    Thanks Boyd, I will give Garmin a call then!
    The closest US Bestbuy is 2 1/2 hours from me.
  • alanb 418 Points
    edited January 2
    There are several available on eBay...just search Garmin nuvi 66 cradle. I saw one (location California, but ships worldwide) for $7. Just be careful to not pick an item from overseas, as the shipping time from places like China can be several weeks.
  • snyper 0 Points
    Thanks Alanb, I'll take a look!
  • snyper 0 Points
    alanb said:

There are several available on eBay...just search Garmin nuvi 66 cradle. I saw one (location California, but ships worldwide) for $7. Just be careful to not pick an item from overseas, as the shipping time from places like China can be several weeks.

Can you send me the link please, I looked but couldn't find it.
    Thanks!
  • Boyd 1848 Points
    This really shouldn't be so hard. ;) Just type "Garmin Nuvi 66 mount" into a Google search and you will get a number of results. B&H Photo sells a new one that is compatible and eBay and other sites also come up.
  • alanb 418 Points
    edited January 2
    This is the one I saw on eBay: www.ebay.com/itm/BKT2013-GA-015-Windshield-Mount-for-Garmin-Drive-60-60LMT-Nuvi-65LM-66LM-68LMT/361728203599?hash=item5438ae5b4f:g:ee4AAOSwMgdX0fAv

I know links to ebay are discouraged, so Boyd or Tim, you can delete this post if necessary.
  • Boyd 1848 Points
    I changed it so it wasnt' a "hot link". When posting this kind of thing in the future, you can easily do that also (just remove the http part).

Really, the OP needs to just do a simple Google search. That will find results that are more relevant to their geographic location.
  • snyper 0 Points
    Boyd said:

I changed it so it wasnt' a "hot link". When posting this kind of thing in the future, you can easily do that also (just remove the http part).

Really, the OP needs to just do a simple Google search. That will find results that are more relevant to their geographic location.

Been there, done that...... As I mentioned previously, I'm in Canada which severely limits my options for getting one quickly and not paying through the nose. i saw the one at GPS City but after taxes and shipping it's like $36.

Thanks Alanb for taking the time to help, much appreciated!