This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2589 - Adding to Existing Route

If I am navigating and decide I want to add a stop along the way and select a location and then select Add to Existing Route sometimes it will just make it my next stop but at other times it will bring up a menu allowing me to choose whether it should come before or after my original destination. I can't figure out why it is not consistent in how it handles this. Ideas? Thanks! Bob

Comments

• sussamb 764 Points
    Nope as I've never seen it do that, I suspect it has something to do with how far into your route it is.
  • BobbyC 81 Points
    [sussamb] Thanks - good idea. In your experience does it always give you the menu option of where the new entry should come in your route?
  • sussamb 764 Points
    edited January 11
    I normally get a screen that gives 4 options, Start new route, Add as next stop, Add as last stop or Add to active route

That's on my Drivesmart though. My wife is away with my 2508 at the moment. I'll check that one later though someone else will probably beat me to it.
  • BobbyC 81 Points
    I'm back! So if I am not asked where I want my new stop to fall in the order of things here is what I do now. Get back to the top screen and select Apps. Then scroll down to Trip Planner. That will normally bring up "Unsaved Trip" and if you click on that it will show the order of the stops. If you want to change their order you can select the menu icon (3 horizontal lines at top left) and it will bring up an Edit Destinations option which if clicked will bring up a screen allowing you to drag your stops to the desired order.
  • I have created and saved over 60 routes that way and provided many map updates to Here when the route does not follow my track. My older 2797 does not give the option of asking where to place the addition. When my change filters through to the Garmin map update, I then use the same method to update a route to include a waypoint to ensure the an alternate route is excluded or the cross country connection when a used road did not exist on the old map. Routes can vary based on the map, I often get a different route when I switch to my Topo map that has extra roads.