This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

School bus driver and GPS?

Gary 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I am a school bus driver, can I use the 3000T to learn my new route? I would like to be able to have it take me through the route and show me where each stop is too. Will this thing do this?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    You would certainly be able to have it (or most other GPS devices) take you along your route. However you might have a little bit of difficulty getting it to show you where each stop is if you just program in each address. Rather you might need to go to each stop, create a waypoint based on the coordinates, and then create your route based off the waypoints (stops) you setup.
  • Gary 0 Points
    Now we're talkin'. Are you familiar with the Magellan Roadmate 3000T? If so, how do I do those, what did you call them? Way points? How do I set that up and pull it into a single route? Thank you and if anyone else knows something about this, please jump in!
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Here is how I would do it with the 3000T. I would go to your first stop on the route, stop there, let the GPS home in on your location for a couple of seconds, then save your current location. (Somewhere around page 22 of the manual is section 6.13 which discusses saving your current location.) Repeat this for each of your stops, as well as the final destination. When you name the locations, I would prefix the name with a number representing the correct order of the stops.

Then, to add each of your stops to one route, use the 'Trip Planner' feature. (section 7.5.5 of the manual, around page 39.) This will allow you to add each of your stops from the address book where you previously saved them. I wouldn't use the 'Optimize' feature since that could rearrange the order of the stops in a way that might not be correct for your route.

If the order of the stops doesn't get added correctly, section 7.5.5.4 of the manual talks about how to rearrange the order of your destinations (stops).
  • Gary 0 Points
    God, I wish I found this site a long time ago. You've been an awesome help. Thank you, I have a friend shopping around for a GPS, I'm steering him to Magellan! Then here! Thanks again. You're awesome.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    No problem, I'm glad I could help.