This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Vehicle power cable for Nuvi 2569

Is there a USB version of the vehicle power cable for the Nuvi 2569? I imagine the answer is no, but with the number of other devices that use USB in car charging this would be useful.

Comments

• sussamb 764 Points
    edited March 1
    No :)

You may though be able to use a power rather than data USB cable but you that would mean being unable to receive traffic information, that may though not be important to you?
  • jonnop 101 Points
    That’s what I thought. Always worth asking just in case I had missed something.
  • Boyd 1853 Points
    You could still get traffic with the smartphone link app (if your nuvi and phone are compatible).
  • alanb 419 Points
    I just purchased a DriveLuxe 50 for my son. That model has the traffic receiver built into the device and uses the TA10 (antenna only) power adapter. Since we don't have traffic service in our local driving area, I use just a generic power adapter and USB cable to power my GPS. In testing the DriveLuxe with this setup, it works fine, but gives an additional warning message when you plug it in that you are using an incompatible cable and traffic service will not be available. It is one more annoying warning prompt that you have to respond to (by clicking OK) before you can use the GPS. My 3597 (which comes with the GTM 60 receiver/power supply) does not give a warning when plugging into a generic power cable.
  • Boyd 1853 Points
    Does that warning go away all by itself if you ignore it for a little while? The generic warning about GPS use goes away on just about all my Garmin devices after (maybe) 30 seconds. However my Dezl 760 puts up a warning that my device is set for automotive mode and will not give truck-specific safety notices. The only way to get rid of that is to tap the screen.
  • alanb 419 Points
    No, it does not seem to go away on its own. I haven't tested the device with actual driving yet, so I don't know if it would go away when you start moving. I plan to do some more testing in the next couple of days ... will post back with the results.