This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Installing via img or Basecamp (what about JSV)

Excuse the beginner question. I have the main img file which I know how to install on my Nuvi. I use basecamp and wante it on there as well. I can go through to process to add it to Basecamp using MapsetToolkit. But I'm fuzzy on the JSV file. If I convert the img and open it in Basecamp, then install that map on the device via basecamp, does that process take care of the correct JSV file? Or is it better to just copy the img and the corresponding JSV directly to the device?

Comments

• shorton 31 Points
    I meant JCV of course, can't edit
  • t923347 413 Points
    edited March 3
    Just move the JCV file into /.system/JCV folder.
  • shorton 31 Points
    edited March 3
    I understand how to do that. But what I'm trying to ask is: if I install via Basecamp, does that miss the loading of the JCV file? In other words, if I install the map via Basecamp does the JCV installation have to be done manually?
  • alanb 419 Points
    edited March 3
    If you are asking about using MapInstall (from the Basecamp menu) to install a map to your device, then yes, you will NOT get the JCV file or other special feature files that come with a map update. You should use Garmin Express to install the map to your device and computer. That way you will have the map in BaseCamp and all the feature files including JCV on your device.
  • shorton 31 Points
    Thanks. Can't use GE on one device, I'm doing it manually from files. I'll load the JCV manually. It's an older Nuvi1490, I don't think there are any other special features it gets.
  • alanb 419 Points
    You should be OK using that method on the 1490 as it does not have any other feature files other than JCV.