This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

310 Deluxe free lifetime maps

I have 310 Deluxe which states it has free lifetime subscription to maps updates, but I have never been able to get this to work.
Every now and then it annoys me by showing me I'm driving down the middle of some field and I try again - always to no avail.
When I try to use the updater it says map updates are available, but I am only offered the option to pay a subscription. There is no where I can see to get my free updates. This has always been the case.
I do have a product key, but that might be for the cd with the european maps which are loaded on the SD card [I think]. I can't see anywhere to enter this either.

Can anyone tell me how to get my free map updates? This unit was quite expensive and was supposed to be easy to use and update.

Comments

• Boyd 1954 Points
    What is a "310 Deluxe"?
  • wolfey 1 Point
    It's a Garmin nuvi 310 Deluxe personal travel assistant GPS - sat-nav.
  • wolfey 1 Point
    UK version with European maps and UK lifetime maps.
  • Boyd 1954 Points
    edited March 11
    OK, I have moved this thread to our Garmin Automotive forum where you may get a better response. I suspect you will need to contact Garmin support to resolve this however.
  • sussamb 765 Points
    Given it's such an old device I reckon Boyd's suggestion is the best one. However why do you have European maps on a CD if your device came with free lifetime updates?
  • alanb 424 Points
    Did you separately purchase a lifetime map subscription for this device? Garmin did not sell devices with lifetime map updates back in the days of the nuvi 3xx series (2006).
  • wolfey 1 Point
    Thanks Alanb.
    When we bought it, the lifetime guarantee and was one of the reasons we decided on this model. It states 'includes paid-up subscription for the UK for the lifetime of the product' on the box and there's something in the instruction booklet that says this too. I think it might have been the difference between 310 and 310 Deluxe.
  • wolfey 1 Point
    Sussamb, The lifetime updates are just for the UK. The CD had the European maps. I think we had to copy this to the SD card.
  • wolfey 1 Point
    Thanks for that Boyd, I thought I'd give the forum a chance first. I'll try and ring them this week.. that's if it doesn't get forgotten about until the next time it thinks I'm driving through a field.
  • sussamb 765 Points
    edited March 11
    Which updater are you using? If MapUpdater try Express. MapUpdater hasn't worked for me for a while now but Express never fails.
  • alanb 424 Points
    It is interesting about the lifetime map updates. I found several old product ad's and reviews from 2007 for the nuvi 310 Deluxe. A couple of them referred to "FREE live traffic updates for life" like this old Amazon UK listing (www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Traffic-Module-Deluxe-Europe/dp/B000ME1E68), but none of them mentioned lifetime map updates.