This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Insufficient memory

Hi All,

I have the Nuvi 67 and had been using Garmin Express to update for years. However, I noticed that while driving, there are quite a few roads/address not found. But Garmin Express still shows that the device is up to date.

Browsing in Garmin Website, I found that there is a Garmin Updater and there are updates available. The map version is 2017.40. My current device is still in 2015....

I proceed with the Garmin Updater to do the update but it says that my device had insufficient memory. The total internal memory is 3.74GB but the total update is 13GB. How is it possible to update?

Today is Saturday and the service center is closed. Thus I hope that someone here could help me as follows:

1. How to update the maps when the total internal memory is less than the update files?
2. Why is it that the Garmin Express doesn't shows the map updates?

Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• sussamb 764 Points
    edited April 21
    It's referring to memory on your PC not your device. Express needs up to 13Gb on your PC for the various files it uses to compile the map files etc that it then sends to your device.

As for reporting your device not being up to date, and assuming you have lifetime maps, I can't understand that comment as you also say you've been using Express to 'update your device for years'. Or do you mean it's simply been updating the software? If so that would indicate you don't have lifetime maps.
  • sussamb 764 Points
    edited April 21
    Having just checked the system requirements Garmin are now saying you may need up to 20Gb on your PC ... not 13Gb as previously. I've also spotted you mention 2017.40, not sure which map you have on your device but both the latest EU map is 2018.30 and the latest NA map is 2019.11.
  • idsmkiiin 0 Points
    sussamb said:

It's referring to memory on your PC not your device. Express needs up to 13Gb on your PC for the various files it uses to compile the map files etc that it then sends to your device.

As for reporting your device not being up to date, and assuming you have lifetime maps, I can't understand that comment as you also say you've been using Express to 'update your device for years'. Or do you mean it's simply been updating the software? If so that would indicate you don't have lifetime maps.

I am able to download into my PC. The path was selected in Garmin Updater. I am able to see that it contains the zip files. However, I do not know which of this downloaded files to replace...

As for the updating of my GPS using Garmin Express, it should update the firmware and maps. The update of the Garmin Express itself is separated.

• sussamb 764 Points
    edited April 22
    You've confused me now. You should be using Express to update your device. It will offer maps if you need them. Are you certain that your device has lifetime maps?

Also confirm which map you're talking about as the current NA and EU maps aren't 2017.40
  • idsmkiiin 0 Points
    I have updated the maps from the service center. They did the same as what I had done. Only difference is that they are using windows and I am using Mac.

BTW, I am from Singapore :)