This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

2019.10 NTU EU

155 days since 2018.30 came out, longest gap there has been between releases

Comments

• jonnop 101 Points
    Even longer for the NT version!
  • jonnop 101 Points
    I asked Garmin about expected dates for both versions and was told nothing planned at this time.
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    edited May 17
    Doesn't seem that they promise any update frequency these days: https://www.garmin.com/us/maps/numaps_lifetime

"If you purchase a nüMaps Lifetime subscription (sold separately) or if your Garmin product comes bundled with a nüMaps Lifetime or other lifetime map subscription, you will receive map data updates when and as such updates are made available on Garmin.com during the useful life of 1 compatible Garmin product or as long as Garmin receives map data from a third party supplier, whichever is shorter."
  • alanb 419 Points
    Yeah, over time, Garmin has made this language more and more ambiguous. Maybe the next change will be ... "when and as such updates are made available, if ever". :-S
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    I think it already says that.... ;)
  • Chris_Sav 116 Points
    It is available at long long last
  • Chris_Sav 116 Points
    Perhaps Mods could move this to where I should have posted it in the first place!
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    Moved to the Garmin Automotive forum.
  • Chris_Sav 116 Points
    edited June 6
    Ta, only another 4 hours to go!
  • sussamb 764 Points
    Mine's just downloaded in 40 minutes ...
  • Chris_Sav 116 Points
    Still going!

Two miles from the exchange and they do tell me I may get fibre to the cabinet later this year, only been waiting 20 years for a decent connection so cannot grumble I suppose
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    I got fiber (FIOS) in my rural location about a year ago - now I have 150/150 mbit and it really does clock that fast. I can upload a 1gb video to vimeo in a minute or less. My last North America map update took less than 15 minutes. I think I earned it though after 11 years here with sub-megabit speeds. Map updates used to take all night (if they worked at all). :)