This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

BaseCamp on a Mac

Garmin just published this update on a 64 bit Mac version, also mentions other Garmin software

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=h2GdyqqKN11m0JielTs4V9&productID=52801&searchQuery=mac 64

Comments

• Boyd 1955 Points
    edited May 17
    Of course it's not really an "update", I guess you could call it an update on when there will be an update. ;) It just says Basecamp isn't a 64 bit app and will break when the new version of MacOS is released. It then goes on to say they are "working" on an update for release "later this year".
  • alanb 427 Points
    edited May 17
    It is interesting that WebUpdater is included in the list of programs to be updated, but not MapUpdater, since both of these programs have been superseded by Garmin Express. Is Garmin Express already 64 bit?
  • Boyd 1955 Points
    Isn't webupdater still needed for some legacy devices? Or is Express able to update something like a GPSMap 60csx or even older devices?
  • Boyd 1955 Points
    edited May 17
    alanb said:

Is Garmin Express already 64 bit?

These may not be the newest versions, but this is what I get. I'm a little surpised that Basecamp isn't already 64 bit, this is not something new on MacOS and most developers have converted their apps long ago.