This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Next EU NT update?

Does anyone have any idea when the next EU NT will be released?

The last two years, they have come out in May and November, but nothing in May this year..
We're still stuck with 2018.20 :(

Comments

• Boyd 1960 Points
    edited June 1
    Some discussion on this topic here. Note that it says 2018.30 is the current version: http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/31190/2019-10-ntu-eu
  • FuxieDK 36 Points
    Boyd said:

Some discussion on this topic here. Note that it says 2018.30 is the current version: http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/31190/2019-10-ntu-eu

That's NTU not NT version.

• alanb 530 Points
    edited June 1
    If Garmin follows the same pattern as they have for the past 3 years, there will not be a NT version for 2018.30. For the .10 and .20 updates they usually release the NT version several weeks after the NTU version. I would think the 2019.10 CN EU NTU could come any day now, so expect the NT version 4 to 8 weeks after that.

See www.poi-factory.com/node/42417 ... scroll down for the CN EU release dates.
  • FuxieDK 36 Points
    alanb said:

If Garmin follows the same pattern as they have for the past 3 years, there will not be a NT version for 2018.30. For the .10 and .20 updates they usually release the NT version several weeks after the NTU version. I would think the 2019.10 CN EU NTU could come any day now, so expect the NT version 4 to 8 weeks after that.

See www.poi-factory.com/node/42417 ... scroll down for the CN EU release dates.

I don't really expected 2018,30 NT, since the NTU 2018.30 version was released before 2018.20 NT..

But the released pattern still says that there should gave been a NT released (2018.40 or 2019.10/11) last month..

2018.20 data files are over a year old..
  • sussamb 786 Points
    I suspect the NTU update will be out after 1 July, when many of the French speed limits change. Can't see a NT version before that.
  • FuxieDK 36 Points
    2019.10 finally came today or yesterday..
    5,76GB
    sussamb said:

I suspect the NTU update will be out after 1 July, when many of the French speed limits change. Can't see a NT version before that.

Why on earth would they delay a release for speed limits in France?

France is probably having Europe's worst coverage of maps; todelay anything map relayed due to France is a joke on the rest of the 700 million people.

• sussamb 786 Points
    Not really. I drive in France pretty much every other month and rarely see an issue. The speed limit change is a major one. In fact I'm there now and at the moment it's slightly confusing as the limits don't change for a couple more days, but better to be under than over!