This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Phone Pass Key

I was driving around town using my 2595LMT and out of nowhere this 'message' displayed on the screen 'Phone Pass Key is' followed by six digits and a period. This is the first time ever seeing this displayed on the screen. I don't use 'bluetooth' technology on my gps, i strictly use the gps for helping me navigate strange street names in town. Any ideas what this message means and what it is used for? I cleared the message and went on my merry way.

Comments

• Boyd 1953 Points
    Sounds like it is prompting you to connect with bluetooth. No idea why that would happen. Were you in traffic with other cars close to you? It could have come from somebody else.
  • AndreyT 105 Points

I was driving around town using my 2595LMT and out of nowhere this 'message' displayed on the screen 'Phone Pass Key is' followed by six digits and a period. This is the first time ever seeing this displayed on the screen. I don't use 'bluetooth' technology on my gps, i strictly use the gps for helping me navigate strange street names in town.

This means two things:

1) Even though you are not using Bluetooth on your GPS, you still have it enabled in your 2595LMT settings.
    2) Someone else in another car tried to connect their phone to another Bluetooth device and accidentally clicked your 2595LMT in the list of available devices. This entire "Pass Key" routine exists specifically to prevent them from connecting to your device.

If you are not using Bluetooth on your GPS, just go into the settings and disable Bluetooth there.