This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Speed limit on map says 2 mph

HI
I have a Nuvi 58LMT and on many occasions it blares at me for speeding because for some reason the speed restriction notice for that rod says only 2 mph. I've updated the maps twice recently to see if that gets rid of it but it persists.
It happens in a variety of places, anyone any idea why that happens?

Comments

• sussamb 765 Points
    Never seen it but report it to Garmin.
  • alanb 424 Points
    edited June 7
    It sounds to me like you have an incorrectly named Custom POI file (containing a 2 in the file name) that was loaded with POI Loader. That will cause unintended speed alerts when you approach one of those POI's.

Remove any numbers from the file names of your custom POI files, then reinstall your custom POI's with POI Loader.
  • sussamb 765 Points
    Agreed but the OP talked about the speed limit for the road he is on. That doesn't come from a POI but he may be confused about what is happening :)
  • GarFin 11 Points
    Garmin told me to delete the xml file and it would remake itself when the device was next used. I've done that but I'll also check for POI names with 2 in, thanks (y)
  • werewolf 107 Points
    Sometimes the GPS gets bored and thinks it will be funny to make the human drive into a lake or go at 2mph on the 75mph road.