This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin for Skoda Citigo

FuxieDK 36 Points
edited July 7 in GPS Recommendations
Which garmin is this?

skoda.garmin.com/skoda/site/productOverview

Is it updated via Garmin Express, or will Skoda screw me over with crazy prices for updates?
Also, does anyone know the price (Europe)?

Comments

• Boyd 1953 Points
    edited July 7
    It looks like a Nuvi 3590, but it's impossible to tell from the info on that site:

buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/96637

If so, that is a 2012 model which was very popular in its day but is slower than their newer devices. The entire Nuvi series was discontinued a couple years ago in the US.

As for the rest - why don't you contact the company and ask them? Apparently it uses software called "fresh" instead of Express:

skoda.garmin.com/skoda/site/fresh
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    Here's the user manual. The hardware does look like the 3590, but the software is different and so is the mount (looks like the 3597 mount). It has pedestrian mode, which also supports the idea of a 2012 device, because IIRC Garmin dropped this feature in 2013.

https://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem/skoda/docs/UserManualUK.pdf

• alanb 420 Points
    Since the software and user interface is completely different than what we are used to on Garmin nuvi/Drive devices, I wonder if this device is based on Navigon which Garmin bought out a few year ago. The other thing that makes me think this is that under accessories it lists a mount and refers to it as Navigon.
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    edited July 7
    The user interface is completely “un-Garmin-like”, but the feature set is a lot like the 3590. It has 3d terrain for example. Actually, it looks kind of cool. But that case with the rounded corners, wide bezel and chrome edge looks just like my Nuvi 3550. :)

“reality view”

pedestrian mode

Is this like Navigon? Maybe you’re right, but it doesn’t look much like the Navigon app I used to have on my phone. But I believe they were the first company to offer 3d terrain and junction view. Wonder if it uses City Navigator maps?
  • Boyd 1953 Points
  • alanb 420 Points
    I am still betting it is Navigon software. I looked at a couple of older Navigon manuals, and the Skoda manual reads a lot like the Navigon manuals ... some similarities on the navigation screen layout as well.
  • Boyd 1953 Points
    Seems odd that Garmin would want to support yet another “flavor” of automotive device software when they appear to be consolidating their US models.

Aside from the electric vehicle features, those screenshots have a rather “vintage” look in terms of font and layout...