This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Unexpected bahaviour by my nuvi. 2569

There I was happily navigating through Northern France when the nuvi display changed from a helpful map with directions to a screen telling me it was in Garmin Express mode. I disconnected it, turned it off, swore at it a bit and after a few minutes reconnected it and it has been as good as gold since. Any ideas why this could have happened?

Comments

• Boyd 1955 Points
    For some reason it decided that you connected it to a computer. Could have been caused by a number of things, such as a problem with the power adapter, problem with the USB plug or socket, faulty internal component, software bug or various other things.

If it continues to happen, try using a different power adapter if you have one.
  • sussamb 780 Points
    Check also you have no dirt in the socket in your device. I had that once and it caused a similar issue. Disconnecting and reconnecting could have moved/cleared the dirt. In my case it was a very small piece of leaf!
  • jonnop 101 Points
    All looks ok now. Technology, where would we be without it?
  • Chris_Sav 117 Points
    edited July 27
    jonnop said:

Technology, where would we be without it?

Lost!! That's why we use satnavs!! :))
  • jonnop 101 Points
    But I always carry maps - just in case of satnav refusing to work ( or giving silly directions).