This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Recaluating ?

New GARMIN 51 , All works fine Thanks Boyd.
Today I noticed no voice saying RECALUATING .
Read they removed it as it ticked people off lol.. Is there a way to add it ? IMO the audio is nice if your not payinf attention to you turns ! Thanks

Comments

• sussamb 798 Points
    Unfortunately not although you may still hear it on the odd occasion. I do on my 50 but can't fathom out why it sometimes says it!
  • Rado 13 Points
    sussamb, Thank you for the fast rely.
    That is a bummer . I try and remember to take my other Garmin on road trips :) The recalculate can be a pain but is a good feature after a long day driving.. Maybe they will add a tone someday like when entering a school zone :)
    Have a good Holiday and New Year Rich
  • Rado 13 Points
    Rado said:

sussamb, Thank you for the fast rely.
    That is a bummer . I try and remember to take my other Garmin on road trips :) The recalculate can be a pain but is a good feature after a long day driving.. Maybe they will add a tone someday like when entering a school zone :)
    Sussamb, I e miled GARMIN and they said no way to add it :( WOuld be nice if they could or would ad a tone in the next update for it , Oh well I will have to pay more attention lol
    Have a good Holiday and New Year Rich

sussamb said:

Unfortunately not although you may still hear it on the odd occasion. I do on my 50 but can't fathom out why it sometimes says it!

• alanb 536 Points
    Since I tend to "listen" to my nuvi for navigation rather than looking at it all the time, I appreciated the "Recalculating" warning to tell me when I was off course. Like many things that Garmin has eliminated over the years, they should have made this an option rather than just removing it.
  • Rado 13 Points
    Alan I agree 110% They should make it a option, I sometimes drive through Boston and traffic is a bear, I keep eyes on the road lol. But hopefully they will add it as a option in future updates but from the reply I received does not look like they will offer it !