This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPSMAP 66st bugs

I can't believe that Garmin are not providing a mechanism for users to report bugs with their products?? - oh well, I can only hope that someone from Garmin reads this forum.

There have been a few issues in my 1st week, but the ones I have nailed down so far are:
1. Delete All waypoints causes my GPS to crash - every time.
2. I use the cursor keys to point to something on the map (eg a street) to get its name to be displayed at the top of the screen. I then hit Quit to centre the map on my current position again. Then, as soon as I use an arrow key to move the cursor again, the name of the previous object appears at the top of the screen again - even if the cursor is being moved in a different direction this time.
3. I set up a test route around my neighbourhood and followed it. After passing through one particular waypoint, the Guidance Text retained that waypoint name, yet the Distance to Next was counting-down correctly to the next waypoint. After passing the next waypoint, the Guidance text updated correctly. I repeated this test for the same result.

Comments

• 4. I connected the unit to my car USB socket as a test to see if it switched to USB mode (like when connected to my PC), or would continue to function as a GPS. Even after disconnecting the unit, it was locked-up and I had to physically remove the batteries to shut it down so I could restart it. I did this several times for the same result.
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    edited January 3
    Have you seen this site? Note the "common issues" and "error reporting" sections.

www.gpsrchive.com/GPSMAP/GPSMAP%2066/index.htm

• DaveM 106 Points

I can't believe that Garmin are not providing a mechanism for users to report bugs with their products?? - oh well, I can only hope that someone from Garmin reads this forum.

I agree I've never understood why Garmin doesn’t include handhelds in their forum.
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    edited January 3
    What don't you understand? They don't want a website where people come to complain about their products. >:)

But if you look at the link I posted, you will see there is, in fact, a way to report bugs: product.support@Garmin.com
  • DaveM 106 Points
    Boyd said:

What don't you understand? They don't want a website where people come to complain about their products. >:)

Good point!

• Boyd said:

Have you seen this site? Note the "common issues" and "error reporting" sections.

thanks for that - I will transfer my information over there as per the instructions
  • truckinguy 115 Points
    Garmin has the product support line don't they still? and they report issues they can't fix.. duh..
  • Boyd said:

thanks for that - I will transfer my information over there as per the instructions
    - except I can't get the confirmation email to complete my registration...

• Boyd said:

- except I can't get the confirmation email to complete my registration... Ah - sorted (ISP spam filter was the culprit)