This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

DriveSmart 61 shortcuts

Just got a new DriveSmart 61. After going to Where To? there is a screen of short cuts. After adding new short cuts is there anyway to move them to the top? Also in the manual it states there is a Where To? > Personalise command but I don't see that anywhere? Thanks.

Comments

• sussamb 798 Points
    Tap Where to and scroll down, you should see a Personalise symbol. Click on that to personalize the screen. You can move things on that screen by pressing and then drag and drop it.
  • ehlersgrub 80 Points
    As I mentioned there is no personalise symbol. Is it supposed to be along with the other shortcuts? This is a new GPS I got about 4 days ago. The first thing I did was upgrade the software and maps.
  • Boyd 1980 Points
    edited January 4
    I have a Drivesmart 61. Never saw a "personalise" menu item either. Just looked in the manual, and think that is just an error. If you read what it says, it's clear that they are talking about the "add shortcut" icon. In other words, step 1 in the manual should say:

1 Select Where To? > Add Shortcut

Another possibility is that the name of that icon changes depending on what country you choose when you setup the GPS. "Personalise" sounds like a UK localization - such as "Favourites" in the UK or "Saved Locations" in the US.

Call it whatever you like... the function is to add a shortcut. :)

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/DriveSmart_51_61_OM_EN.pdf

Adding a shortcut
    You can add shortcuts to the Where To? menu. A shortcut can point to a location, a category, or a search tool.
    The Where To? menu can contain up to 36 shortcut icons.
    1 Select Where To? > Personalise.
    2 Select an item.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    That's the one, yet again Garmin seem to 'personalise' their menus ;)
  • ehlersgrub 80 Points
    So back to my original question: "After adding new short cuts is there anyway to move them to the top? "
  • sussamb 798 Points
    See my first post
  • ehlersgrub 80 Points
    OK. Actually I tried that after your first post and it didn't work. I just tried it again and was able to get it work. You really have to press down on the icon a long time and then you can move it if you go slow. Quite funky. Thanks to all for your help.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Depends what you call long I guess, takes about a second on mine