This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Oregon 750 Help no off route notification?

I use the device for following walking routes i have created as .gpx files

I previously had an Edge 800 which i would put a .gpx file on and i could just follow the pink line (it would say course found when it found it and bleep letting me know I was off route)

I now have an Oregon 750 which I use Garmin basecamp to load my .gpx files onto it as either a 'track' or as a 'route'.
However when i go into track or route on the device and start one of them up i get no notification of the route found and no notification when i go off course.

All i want to do is just follow the pink line and get a warning bleep when i go off course, am i missing something in the settings? Please help

Comments

• sussamb 792 Points
    You can set off route warnings ... But it's not surprising you can't find it, it's under Marine Settings
  • thank you, i will give that a try.
  • Boyd 1967 Points
    I have a Montana, not sure how it might be different. However, if I go to Setup > Routing and choose Hiking or Pedestrian for activity, there is a menu for off-route calculation. What have you selected there? If you choose prompted, it should alert you when you go off-route.

However, if you choose Direct Routing as an activity, you will not have an off-route calculation menu.
  • thanks guys that's that issue sorted.

Another question please - is there anyway to turn off the way-point pins on the screen for the route as it get a bit cluttered and i don't need to see them anyway.

Thanks
  • Boyd 1967 Points
    edited February 4
    Try Setup > Map > Advanced > Zoom Levels > User Waypoints

Setting this "off" will not show any waypoints. Choosing one of the other options will allow the waypoints to show when you zoom in, but disappear when you zoom out to the level you choose.

Again, this is based on my Montana. Consult your user manual if different, I'm sure you will have a similar setting somewhere.
  • sussamb 792 Points
    edited February 4
    I'm not sure that will help with waypoints sent as routepoints by BaseCamp. They can be changed into something more manageable by using custom symbols. See posts #24 onwards here

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-windows-software/windows-software/basecamp-aa/37043-/page2?35618-GPSMAP-60CS-screen-cluttered-by-route-point-labels=