This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Oregon 750 battery life less than 8 hours even with battery save mode active

Hi can anyone advise please.

Battery life is less than 8 hours even with battery save mode and everything turned off - the issue is when following a route every time it hits a way point in battery save mode it unlocks the screen. any way of stopping this from happening?

thanks

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Even so it should last way longer than 8 hours. Which batteries are you using?
  • Zemartelo 207 Points
    I think its actually normal, Starting with the 600 series the battery life of the Oregons is simply bad.
    On my 600 it last for about 8-10 hours with eneloops.
    With the 550 that I have it would last over 14 hours easily.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Wow, if so I'm glad I didn't buy one, my Etrex and Montana manage around 16 hours :)
  • sussamb said:

Even so it should last way longer than 8 hours. Which batteries are you using?

I'm using the proper Garmin batteries that come with the unit. the problem is i have a lot of waypoints on my route so in battery save the screen is on an of a lot

if i use a track to follow in power save mode the batteries are pretty good 12hour + but i get no off route notifications etc....

• sussamb 813 Points
    Seems normal unfortunately from what Zemartelo says :(