This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Drivesmart 61 software update 6.10

Software 6.10 is out today.

- Added support for the new Garmin BC 40 Wireless Backup Camera to DriveTrack 71 models.
- Improved the reliability of connections to BC 40 backup cameras.

I hope, hidden in the update are some stability fixes for the Drivesmart 61. Maybe it will fix the rebooting problem I am having when I reach my first destination.

Comments

• privet01 221 Points
    Drivesmart 61 LMT-S for North America? I've not had any issues with re-booting on mine since I bought it in the 1st quarter of 2018. It's currently got software version 6.00 on it.

I don't use smart-link with it anymore, do you? Even when I did I still didn't have the re-boots.
  • MustangGT 12 Points
    Yes, I have the North American version, about a year and a half old. I do use with smart link. It’s hard to pinpoint the exact conditions that make it happen. But it only started when I upgraded to 6.0. A couple of times it seemed to happen in the morning, when I first leave home and arrive at my first destination, I put the car in park, sometimes it reboots just as I arrive, sometimes it reboots when I touch the screen to select my same destination. Not sure if it’s an power outlet problem, cable problem, software problem. I’m not using the original cable or charger plug. All seem to have been working fine prior to 6.0.
  • t923347 432 Points
    I can't remember having any reboots with the DriveSmart 61, using any software version including 6.0.

I also don't have any issues with connection reliability using my BC 40 backup camera.
  • alanb 541 Points
    @MustangGT … Do you use proximity alerts with custom POI files? On some older devices overuse of this feature was known to cause spontaneous reboots. However, I have not heard about this being an issue with the newer devices.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    FWIW, I haven't seen crashes like that on either my DriveSmart 61 or DriveTrack 71. I don't think a power supply issue would cause this (unless your internal battery is dead). The GPS should warn that power was lost and start a countdown, with a button to cancel.