This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Creating waypoint at pointer/cursor/arrow on 30x?

I've got a new-to-me 30x. On prior Garmins, I would frequently study the map page, then move the pointer to select a place where I wanted to create a waypoint, click on it, and click save.

It looks like the 30x doesn't have that feature. What's the easiest way to create a distant waypoint on the map? Thanks!

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    edited July 30
    Just press the click stick ... If that doesn't work see page 9 of the manual
  • buck3m 0 Points
    Thank you sussamb. If I click the stick straight down on a feature, I'm just given the option to "Go".

Page 9 tells me how to create a waypoint at my current location. I suppose I can create a waypoint where I am, and then edit the coordinates, but that is a tedious process.

If there's not some way to create a waypoint by clicking the stick on a selected point, and then saving, there should be.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Are you pressing and holding? If you just press and release you get Go.
  • buck3m 0 Points
    If I point the arrow on the map on a distant city or other landmark, then press straight down on the toggle, and hold, it tries to waypoint my current position.

My other Garmins did what you are describing. Either that feature has been taken away on the 30x, or I have a faulty unit.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Afraid I don't have a 30x to check.