This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Areas of maps missing

I have a Drive 60 LM with latest maps for US and Canada (2020.20) and noticed that areas of the maps are missing, particularly around Twillingate, NL.
My Nuvi 54 with the same map release shows the missing parts.
Has any one else encountered anything like this?

Comments

• privet01 221 Points
    Seems like I had a Garmin Marine chart plotter years ago that there where missing pieces in one particular area. It was as if there were rectangular tiles missing from a floor or bathroom wall. Is that something like what you are seeing?

That was so long ago, I don't remember if I even did anything about it. I would probably just reload the map if it was on my device and I needed that area.
  • geosin 0 Points
    That describes it, there are portions there but the rest is blank. Will try reloading maps when I have a faster connection.
  • privet01 221 Points
    A wired Ethernet connection seems to work better when I update. Garmin Express seems to have issues with my WiFi despite no other WiFi device I have giving any issues.
  • alanb 539 Points
    Do you have a micro SD card installed in your nuvi? If not, it is possible that there was insufficient space in internal storage when you performed a map update causing Garmin Express to install a reduced region, such as the "lower 49".
  • sussamb 813 Points
    @geosin If that was the case you should have been warned it was happening, were you?
  • geosin 0 Points
    There was no warning. No SD card, the unit was purchased less than 6 months ago
  • alanb 539 Points
    Somehow I was thinking "nuvi" instead of "Drive". I think the Drive 60 should have sufficient internal memory, so please ignore my advice. Sorry for the confusion.
  • geosin 0 Points
    Checked my partner's Drive 60 LM and her's has the same problem.