This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

New series from Magellan

grey 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Yesterday I stumbled across new units from Magellan.
I certainly like bigger screen. Voice recognition looks intersting, but who knows how it wil perform.
The only thing that I don't like so far is that they cutting on POIs. More than in 2XXX series, but still 4.5 mil compared to 6000T with over 6 mil. or Pioneer's 12 mil. I don't understand why. Memory limitations or what?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    We've written a little about this so far. Magellan Maestro 4000, Magellan Maestro 4040, Magellan Maestro 4050. Obviously we will have more details as we get closer to a release date as well as out own first hand reviews when we get the devices.

I doubt the fewer POIs has much to do with memory limitations. Memory is so cheap these days. Manufacturers pay the mapping vendors for the maps and the POIs, and they pay more for more POIs. So I think this is likely a cost savings measure. There are even some companies who sell the exact same physical GPS, but at different prices for models that have more POIs. (The only difference being the number of POIs installed.)
  • Tim 1480 Points
    We've now completed an extensive review of the Maestro 4000 if anyone is interested in looking at the details.