This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

How to clear Travel History from nuvi57 Internal Memory?

Using Basecamp I find some old travel history is reported as being on the Internal memory of the 57. I have tried to clear travel history. Settings>Device>Clear Travel History but BaseCamp still shows a trip and POI as being on the Internal Storage. Suggestions?

Comments

• Boyd 1997 Points
    edited September 2019
    Access the device directly using Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac. You should find a folder named GPX. If you're sure you don't want any history, just delete all the files with .gpx extensions. There will probably be a sub-folder with archived .gpx files, and these may be what you're seeing in Basecamp. I think the only way to remove these is to manually delete the files.

If you're concerned, you can make a backup of the folder on your computer. But there should not be any harm in deleting all the .gpx files. Typically, there's a file named Current.gpx. This is where your current history, routes and favorites are stored. But it's only a copy of internal data, and it is re-generated every time the Nuvi starts up, so there's no harm in deleting it.

There will probably also be a file containing your position when the device shut down. This is used for the "find my car" feature on some models. Again, it is re-created automatically. The archived files are not needed either, and new ones will be created later when your travel history is filled up.
  • Thanks Boyd. Deleted the files using Win Explorer. Memory was cleared after disconnecting and reconnecting the GPS.