This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Etrex Routing

When I navigate a route on my etrex it automatically directs me to the second waypoint on my list and works correctly from there. Is this normal?

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Depends. Your Etrex doesn't work like a vehicle GPS. If you're closer to the second waypoint when you hit Go it'll take you there.
  • Kneffles 0 Points
    It does it even when im closer to the first waypoint. It was suggested to me that it might ve routing to the second as its assuming the first point is the start so it automatically gorles to the second
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited October 7
    Yes, but do you have a satellite lock at the time? Your Etrex will lock on to the closest waypoint once you do. Having had one for over 8 years that's how it's always worked.

If that's not happening try posting some screenshots as I may not be understanding fully your situation.
  • Kneffles 0 Points
    Im unsure how to send an image on this particular forum, but I sent some images via the garmin official forums direct messenger. I sincerely appreciate the help
  • sussamb 813 Points
    I've replied to your DM as follows:

Look at Routing, OffRoad Transitions ... what is selected there? It's possible it's set at a distance that assumes you've hit a point so is directing you to the next one.
  • Kneffles 0 Points
    I have it set to automatic
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Then I think your first assumption is correct, having looked at your screenshots. It's assuming the first point doesn't count as that's the start.
  • Kneffles 0 Points
    Just contacted garmin support and they confirmed that theory
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Great, thanks for clarifying that.