This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

update not showing up on start up screen

Today i updated my garmin 55lm with the latest map feb 19 2020 however the new map date does not show up on start up screen i know that the new maps and software were downloade because i actually drove to a area that my old maps did not cover and now they do. this is not a big deal since the new maps were downloaded but why wont it show up on start up screen? Thanks dave

Comments

• privet01 228 Points
    edited February 26
    I never watch my startup screen. So till someone more all-knowing comes along, I'll just have to ask what it says in the settings. Somewhere in there there is a page where you can see the maps installed on your device.

North America? Europe? Antartica? Might be helpful if you let us know which you are expecting.
  • sussamb 829 Points
    edited February 26
    Check Settings, Map & Vehicle, myMaps … what does that say? I've never seen the installed map show on the start up screen.
  • Boyd 2002 Points
    Agreed - the startup screen just shows data providers and copyright dates.
  • kingdlw 0 Points
    this is dave i may be mistaken but i thought the year of the update shows up on screen when you turn the unit on If these dates that you see are not the year of your map update how can you tell that you actually recieved updated maps unless you did what i did and actually drive to an area your maps didnt cover and then go back and see if now that area or street is on your map i am 59 and not tech savvy im just glad i was able to update the maps mydelf
  • privet01 228 Points
    edited February 27
    On my DriveSmart 61lmt-s I go to <<settings>><<map & vehicle>><<myMaps>> and it shows the installed maps. Yours is at least similar if not the same. I have not installed the new update yet, so mine are CN North America NT 2020.30.

If yours has the newest North America Update it should be 2021.10........... I think.
  • sussamb 829 Points
    kingdlw said:

this is dave i may be mistaken but i thought the year of the update shows up on screen when you turn the unit on If these dates that you see are not the year of your map update how can you tell that you actually recieved updated maps

By checking in myMaps as a number of us have now told you ;)

• t923347 532 Points
    kingdlw said:

this is dave i may be mistaken but i thought the year of the update shows up on screen when you turn the unit on If these dates that you see are not the year of your map update how can you tell that you actually recieved updated maps unless you did what i did and actually drive to an area your maps didnt cover and then go back and see if now that area or street is on your map i am 59 and not tech savvy im just glad i was able to update the maps mydelf

There are years shown on the startup screen but they are not the years of the map update. They are years of copyrights etc.